"PRIVATE" CONVERSATIONS IN PUBLIC

Let's go off-top!

Модераторы: English Admin, Модераторы

oreok

Непрочитанное сообщение oreok »

HI SCORPIO,

HEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY :shock: :o !!! WHERE'S THAT OTHER LITTLE PIC? YOU KNOW THE ONE THAT WAS HERE BEFORE THE NEW ONE, TAKEN TWO YEARS AGO.... I WAS REALLY FOND OF IT... :roll: :o
I AM ROMANTIC YOU KNOW, READY TO MAKE ANY KIND OF FOOLISHNESS FOR LOVE. (DANYA)

A WOMAN KNOWS THE FACE OF THE MAN SHE LOVES AS A SAILOR KNOWS THE OPEN SEA (HONORE DE BALZAC)

THE ARTIST VOCATION IS TO SEND LIGHT INTO THE HUMAN HEART (GEORGE SAND)

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
stimpy
Контактная информация:

Непрочитанное сообщение stimpy »

well Fofo dear...times change,pictures change....now I am two years older... :D
"What awaits each person in heaven is eternal bliss, divine rest, and ten thousand dollars cash..." - Eric Cartman

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
stimpy
Контактная информация:

oh..yes..I was a great fan of Die Toten Hosen when I was younger,so that was another resource of German words... 8)
"What awaits each person in heaven is eternal bliss, divine rest, and ten thousand dollars cash..." - Eric Cartman

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

SWEETHEART VALODJA,

either this is a crazy coincidence or you can actually read my mind... This pic is one of my favourites and when I commented on it, I had no idea that you had placed it here...

A WOMAN KNOWS THE FACE OF THE MAN SHE LOVES AS A SAILOR KNOWS THE OPEN SEA (HONORE DE BALZAC)

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

Hi Valodja my Scorpio,

As I promised, here’s my reply to your last mail at this post.

“Does this mean there’s also a historical town centre?”

no no…it is a question of respect for cultural heritage..and it looks that we don’t have it..the only connection with the history of our town is a small museum near fortress…it is very modest but it has soul..there are a lot of remains of weapons or boats and etc..anyway it would be very nice to have something like that…

Well, it’s always an enrichment for any place when as many as possible of the historical buildings can be saved and you’re quite right when you say or imply that unfortunately in some cases people quite obviously lack the respect for this. Maybe this kind of disinterest is also a question of education or the way somebody was brought up… If you never learned to appreciate the richness and value of the roots of the place you were born then I can imagine that you won’t learn it at a later stage of your life either but of course there are always exceptions and humans have the ability to learn throughout life and to learn from mistakes.

The preservation of old buildings and works of art, architecture etc. in general very often depends on the big issue of money and for smaller towns and communities it can be extremely difficult and expensive to look after those things the way it should be done. Especially in times of economic and financial problems it is striking that the budgets for education and culture are the first ones to be cut so that sometimes local authorities prefer to sacrifice a historical building, to close a theatre etc. rather than to find a compromise between economic viability and the preservation of cultural possessions. For some places this is a very sad and devastating development but there are also examples which are wonderfully encouraging and give hope.

I remember some years ago, when I went on holiday to the east German part of the Baltic Sea with my best friend, we had to travel through Mecklenburg-Vorpommern which is one of the 16 federal states of which Germany consists. It’s the big neighbour of Schleswig-Holstein and Lower Saxony. We made a break in the centre of this state’s capital called Schwerin (on the map: find Hamburg and go directly east from it and there it is). What can I possibly say? With huge amounts of money (taxes, various funds, subsidies, EU-support etc.) and of course with a lot of human commitment and expert knowledge the whole of the historical building stock (18th / 19th century) had been completely restored to such a perfect degree that you thought that time had stopped the moment when the last brush-stroke was made the period the building was completed. It was so amazing and absolutely breathtaking. The highlight was definitely the “Schwerin Schloss” (Schwerin Castle) which in old times used to be the seat of the local monarch and today is the seat of the local government. We didn’t have time for a castle tour but we went for a walk in the area around the castle where the landscape, a clean, well looked after park, very green and soul soothing, including a little lake, is kept in the style of the period it was laid out. Oh Valodja, the only thing that was missing was someone like Goethe in the clothing of his time, to step out from behind one of the avenue trees… there was even a restored pavilion… You know this is exactly what I love so much about East Germany: this incredible amount of “jewels and pearls” (I mean castles, mansions, gardens etc.) which make out the unique identity and character of that part of the country… I would recommend anyone who’s fond of these things to spend a holiday there.

“Ruhr area: Essen, Dortmund, Duisburg, Bochum, Leverkusen etc.”
oh yes..I have learned about this places from geography..(ok..and football)
Geography :wink: :) ok..and football :laugh: :laugh: :tongue:
Actually your all stories were interesting!!
Oh thanks sweetie !! I’m very glad I don’t bore you… I’m happy you find it interesting !! :P
well thank you FOFO..you leave me no other choice :
Oooops :? :oops: :sleep: … I guess I’m supposed to take this as a compliment… but then again I’m not sure :unsure: … I very much hope you never felt pressured to reveal more than you actually intended. I want you to feel comfortable about anything you say...
fate..in my eyes it is just the final outcome of the things we and other people do..for example when you meet someone on the street..what would you say..that it is fate? Or is it just your decision to go to work by foot this time and to stop to buy newspapers and in meanwhile while you are waiting for your change you turned your curious head to the right and you saw this really good looking guy who smiles at you and you just found out that you can blush so you take your change faster than usually and you hurry up down the street and then,in all of that excitement there is this weak sound.. suddenly it is stronger and stronger..and all at once there is your old friend smiling at you and says..”oh my god look at you I haven’t seen you in ages”.. : ) and who knows what he done or didn’t before that..and that whole picture is very interesting..so in some way you have this huge percent of your fate in your hands and I think that it is enough..you just can’t control it all darling…don’t worry :)
Ooooooh my sweet, sweet Scorpio !! I must admit that I love your approach and probably it is better than mine :P :wink: . I really don’t know why but it never occurred to me to see things this way. I always considered fate as something that simply happens to you, as something which you can neither influence nor change. You’re practically at it’s mercy and no matter what you may be planning to do (in terms of professional career and dreams, your love life, travels etc.), where you imagine to go and live things may turn out in a way you never expected simply because fate has chosen a different purpose for your life but it doesn’t clearly reveal this purpose to you. So you wander through life, you do and try different things, you take decisions and you try to find your place in this world and all this time you have this funny feeling that it is actually someone or something else pushing you in certain directions so that the idea that it’s you who decides about your life is nothing but an illusion. Oh my God… am I confusing you? What’s wrong with me tonight? No, seriously. I know very well this is a rather fatalistic attitude… but tell me. Taking your example, the decision to go to work by foot this time, do you really think it is an active, independent action by an individual? What is it that makes this individual decide to break his / her habit and walk to work this time? Do you see what I’m getting at?
“ha ha ha, oh now I’m being silly…”
ha ha ha ha ha..so what? : ) it is good to be silly ; )
Oh yeeeees, for God’s sake !! It is good to be silly once in a while and to see life with a sense of humour, irony and sarcasm. :laugh: :headbang:
you wise girl : ) I really feel that you know how to enjoy life darling
This is quite flattering… :oops: :oops: Thanks for your sweetness… :blush:

Honey, I was just wondering, as you know “Die Toten Hosen”, are there any other German pop / rock (and whatever other music style) bands you know and like? Does the name “Guano Apes” ring a bell? (goodness, I hope I spelled this correctly...)

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
stimpy
Контактная информация:

HA HA HA..OH I JUST SAW THIS MAIL..I WILL REPLY ASAP PROMISE

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh please love, do take your time :wink: . I know I tend to be kind of overproductive sometimes ("kind of" and "sometimes"... ha ha :laugh: :tongue: that's the understatement of the year :puppy: :ah: ) but it's definitely not my intention to make you feel pressured and forced to be equally overproductive :mrgreen: And don't you say "YES IT IS" now :wink: :laugh: :roll:

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Ответить