HI. COME IN

Let's go off-top!

Модераторы: English Admin, Модераторы

tina

Непрочитанное сообщение tina »

oreok.....you're listening to perfect kind of music and literature? amazing :!: :!: :!:

I like sisters Bronte, also Austen is not bad but Dickens is my favourite. What's his best book in your opinion, which you love the most?
Ak clovek urobi nieco z lasky pre svet, ten sa vie postarat o to, aby to druhykrat uz neurobil.
J.W.Goethe

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
sweetelena2005
Контактная информация:

Непрочитанное сообщение sweetelena2005 »

:D I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHEN IS EVERYBODY BIRTHDAY?
Have the courage to live. Anyone can die!

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Poisy
admin
Контактная информация:

Непрочитанное сообщение Poisy »

Mine is June 15th

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
megis
Контактная информация:

Непрочитанное сообщение megis »

February 13
Владимир - ЩЕ СЕ СТРЕЛЯМ С НАСЛЕДНИКА!
ИИ - Нещо за наследника ли спомена ?
Владимир - Не,татко,няма нищо.

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
tina

30 august
Ak clovek urobi nieco z lasky pre svet, ten sa vie postarat o to, aby to druhykrat uz neurobil.
J.W.Goethe

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

Непрочитанное сообщение oreok »

11 July

oreok.....you're listening to perfect kind of music and literature? amazing

I like sisters Bronte, also Austen is not bad but Dickens is my favourite. What's his best book in your opinion, which you love the most?
tina dear,

well, I like a lot of different kinds of books and music and what I read and listen to, very often depends on my mood. I love culturally interesting books and music but I also love good, light entertainment and I'm open for quite many styles and forms of expression. I like a nice, colourful mixture of things.

Dickens.... oh dear... of course I haven't managed yet to read every book he wrote but the ones I read I enjoyed very much and it's hard to make a choice.... o.k. let me think about it and I promise to get back to you and tell you about my favourite novel.
I AM ROMANTIC YOU KNOW, READY TO MAKE ANY KIND OF FOOLISHNESS FOR LOVE. (DANYA)

A WOMAN KNOWS THE FACE OF THE MAN SHE LOVES AS A SAILOR KNOWS THE OPEN SEA (HONORE DE BALZAC)

THE ARTIST VOCATION IS TO SEND LIGHT INTO THE HUMAN HEART (GEORGE SAND)

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
sweetelena2005
Контактная информация:

tina sweety ur birthday will coming soon :wink:
mine is 25/november

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
stimpy
Контактная информация:

Непрочитанное сообщение stimpy »

mine is on 7th november :P
"What awaits each person in heaven is eternal bliss, divine rest, and ten thousand dollars cash..." - Eric Cartman

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
tina

I'm excited, darlings :D :D
J.W.Goethe

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

Hello tina dear !! :D :D :P

As I promised I had a look at my Dickens books again and it’s quite impossible to pick one out as the best…. So, I decided to say what I really love about Dickens’ stories in general.

There is his satirical, ironic, witty, sharp and sometimes venomous sense of humour in his presentation of characters. He knows how to expose meanness, cruelty, hypocrisy and selfishness in people by showing their behaviour and analysing their true motives and thoughts behind their actions and language. Take “Mr Bumble” in “Oliver Twist” as an example. Then he created characters with a good heart, respect, generosity and kindness in their personality but whose behaviour and way of talking makes them funny, droll and eccentric. I’m thinking of thunderous “Lawrence Boythorn” in “Bleak House” in this context.

I love the variety and wealth of issues he presents in his novels in a sincerely committed way. He is highly concerned about all the social and human problems of Victorian London / England: poverty, misery, injustice, loneliness, sickness, emotional and physical suffering, isolation, tragic death, the effects of severe social rules, standards and expectations (especially on women and children), the cruelty and indifference of town / government authorities, the dominance of economic profit in contrast to the value of a human life etc. I learned more about Victorian England from Dickens’ novels than from sophisticated history books.

I have stopped counting the times where I was deeply touched by the feelings and thoughts of characters and there were moments when I had tears in my eyes…. I felt in a very motherly way for Oliver Twist who in spite of the misery, violence and savageness he experiences from the day he is born, he develops into a gentle, tender, deeply honest and caring human being. In complete contrast to that, the emotional trauma and injury of the ego that “Miss Havisham” experiences in her youth in “Great Expectations” makes her condemn herself to eternal bitterness, seclusion, search for a means of revenge and emotional death. Then again Dickens created a cold, hard, merciless character like “Scrooge” in “A Christmas Carol” who killed all humanity in his heart himself a long time ago and who after being taught a good lesson he rediscovers the values and significance of humanity inside of him.

Dickens applies a rather precise language in all his characterizations and descriptions of places, landscapes and atmospheres. He is absolutely clear, straightforward and through this reading his stories is an enjoyable pleasure. You get drawn into the plots and once you start reading it’s hard to stop. He’s definitely not interested in intellectual, abstract philosophising (like George Eliot tends to do…) but he comes straight to the point of the matter and manages to make his reader see the world he creates with his eyes.

So much about Dickens….

Do you or does anybody here at this forum like crime novels? I’m a huge fan of that stuff !!! I especially love Agatha Christie (Vive Hercule Poirot !!!!), Minette Walters (“The Ice-House”, “The Sculptress”) and the protagonist “Inspector Thomas Lynley”… Danya would be smashing in this role :wub: :wub: :wub: ….) in Elizabeth George’s novels.

A WOMAN KNOWS THE FACE OF THE MAN SHE LOVES AS A SAILOR KNOWS THE OPEN SEA (HONORE DE BALZAC)

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
sweetelena2005
Контактная информация:

:D
stimy u didnt present ur self!!
would u like too
Последний раз редактировалось sweetelena2005 Чт 28 июл 2005, 15:55, всего редактировалось 1 раз.

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
sweetelena2005
Контактная информация:

Do you or does anybody here at this forum like crime novels? I’m a huge fan of that stuff !!! I especially love Agatha Christie

its my fav i love these crime novel agatha chirdtie :D it my absolotly fav
and i read alil of sherulk holmes
even i was watching acrtoon called dtctive conacn
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
about solving crimes
og i love these novels

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
tina

Hercule Poirot? Love him....he's so brilliant. and also films with David Suchet who is so exact as he have to be....

About Dickens,
oreok, dear, your letters are perfect, I agree,

what I like about him is the way he wrote....it wasn' t only a misery and faithless, but there was still hope....whole english literature in 19th century is something between romantic and realistic literature because it was in England where realistic style was born sooo it's pretty good, something between....

But if I had to choose, I don't know, you're right it's difficult....maybe David Copperfield or Great expectations....not sure :D
J.W.Goethe

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
oreok

SWEETELENA AND TINA :P

I'M HAPPY THAT WE SHARE THE LOVE FOR AGATHA CHRISTIE AND GOOD OLD POIROT ("AAAAAH THE LITTLE GREY CELLS MON AMI HASTINGS...").

DAVID SUCHET: YEEEEES I SAW THE FILMS AND I LOVED THEM !!! SUCHET REALLY LIVES AND BREATHES POIROT AND GIVES HIM SUCH A CHARM... BRIIIILIANT. THERE WILL NEVER BE ANY BETTER POIROT. SUCHET MADE HIM IMMORTAL AND GAVE HIM A FACE AND BODY.

BY THE WAY, DID YOU SEE THE FILM ADAPTATION OF "MURDER ON THE ORIENT EXPRESS" BY SIDNEY LUMET? I SAW IT AT LEAST 5 TIMES AND I'M STILL NOT BORED WITH IT. I MUST ADMIT THAT ALBERT FINNEY'S POIROT GETS A LITTLE ON MY NERVES BUT THE FILM AS A WHOLE IS FANTASTIC !!! A WONDERFUL PIECE OF FILM HISTORY... :rolleyes:

THE 19TH CENTURY IN ENGLAND:
whole english literature in 19th century is something between romantic and realistic literature
YES, VERY TRUE. AT THE MOMENT I'M READING "A PAIR OF BLUE EYES" (THOMAS HARDY) AND I'M HALF THE WAY THROUGH AND LOOKING FORWARD TO THE REST OF IT. IT'S A SWEET, QUIET, TRAGICOMIC BOOK WITH LOVABLE CHARACTERS AND WRITTEN IN AN INTELLIGENT WAY. I CAN RECOMMEND IT !!!!

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
tina

pity, I think I won't find it in our library.... but I'll try, I promise :D
J.W.Goethe

Ссылка:
BBcode:
HTML:
Скрыть ссылки на пост
Показать ссылки на пост
Ответить